This week I’m focusing on the green heart chakra. As to be expected, it’s located in your upper chest region. It represents love and connection and acts as the balancing point for all the chakras, connecting the lower more earth bound chakras with the higher more ethereal chakras.
The heart chakra governs the heart, thymus gland, lower lung, breasts, and circulatory system. If you’re heart chakra is out of balance, it can show up as heart diseases, immune system issues, chronic fatigue, allergies, lung issues and/or breast cancer.
An unbalanced heart chakra can also show up as indifference, jealousy, miserly and bitterness. When the heart chakra is blocked, it can prevent you from showing deep emotions and create disharmony in your relationships.
When your heart chakra is balanced and flowing smoothly, you feel compassion, peace, generosity, harmony, balance and love. In order to feel love and compassion for others, you must feel love and compassion for yourself first. Practicing self-love by nurturing and loving yourself helps to relax muscles, nerves and thoughts. It helps you to produce a sense of well-being and peace and allows you to be more loving to others.
I put together a GREEN pinterest page to help me get into the green mood and to surround myself with this yummy color. For me, green is about rebirth and growth and living energy. It’s vitality and life. When things in nature are green, you know they are alive and thriving. Green also brings me peace and unconditional love. Try talking to trees and plants sometime. It’s fun.
Here are some ways to help balance and renew the heart chakra:
- get out in nature. Surround yourself with the abundance of green outside.
- nurture yourself. Lavish yourself with self-love, compassion and forgiveness.
- forgive others. Not always easy but you will be the one that benefits the most.
- see green. Visualize green filling up your heart chakra.
- give love. Be loving to others.
- practice gratitude. Be thankful for what you have.
- practice yoga. The camel pose helps balance both the heart and throat chakras.
Here are some great affirmations to help you balance your heart chakra:
- I am deeply loved.
- I am loving and lovable.
- I am worthy of love.
- I forgive those who are not able to be who I need them to be.
- I am pure love.
- I am loved and adored.
- I am deeply compassionate.
- I am a source of healing in the world.