The third eye (or brow) chakra is the sixth chakra and is located in the center of the forehead just above the eyebrows. It’s represented by the color indigo. It’s associated with imagination, inner vision, intuition and psychic abilities. It functions as a link between the inner and outer worlds.
I went a little crazy putting together my Pinterest board for indigo since I am so drawn to this color. I could go on and on looking for this color online. I had to literally stop myself and say enough (for now).
When you’re third eye chakra is unbalanced, you lack vision, you have difficulty tapping into your intuition, you have trouble perceiving things beyond the physical world, and you can become aggressive and confused. You feel lost when it comes to your sense of purpose. You may suffer from headaches, sinus infections, eye and vision problems, brain disorders, forgetfulness, lack of focus, psychological disorders and seizures.
When your third eye chakra is balanced, you feel a sense of purpose on your life. You feel guided and lead. You experience a higher consciousness and strong inner awareness. You feel confident in your abilities and place in the world.
Here are some ways to balance and clear your third eye chakra:
- spend time alone. Intuitive people tend to pick up the energy from others and need solitude to recharge.
- develop a dialogue with the universe. You can do this through meditation or journal. Ask a question then patiently wait for the answer.
- meditate. Focus your attention on your third eye chakra and/or the color indigo.
- surround yourself with the color indigo. Wear it. Put it in your space. Allow it to remind you of your intention to balance your third eye chakra.
- surround yourself with the essential oils jasmine or vanilla. (Don’t apply directly to skin.)
- trust in your internal guidance. Learn to rely on your intuition, to listen to it. The more you listen, the stronger it will become.
- release over-thinking. Get out of your head/brain and allow your intuition to guide you.
- release competition. Follow your own path. Don’t feel like you need to keep up with others.
- support brain health by getting lots of vitamin D, lots of sunshine (even on cloudy days – it’s still there) and healthy fats such as coconut oil and fish oil.
- practice focusing your mind and attention on tasks that require close observation, such as drawing or even doing the dishes.
- star gaze. Open yourself up to the universal knowledge.
Affirmations that will help balance and clear the third eye chakra include:
- I am divinely guided.
- I focus on what I desire and draw it to me.
- I am wise.
- I follow my dreams.
- I can see the big picture.
- I have keen insight and intuition.
- I am open to experiencing non-ordinary reality.
- I am open to the wisdom within me.
- I am intuitive and follow my inner guidance.
- I am deeply connected with all I need to know.
- I always know what’s best for me.