This week I’m focusing on the color orange to help me connect with the sacral (second) chakra. The sacral chakra is located in your lower abdomen (about two fingers below your belly button) and relates to your reproductive system as well as the adrenals. It governs relationships, desire, pleasure, reproduction, creativity, joy, enthusiasm, addictions, magnetism, emotions and connection.
In trying to surround myself with this color as much as possible and to absorb all the yummy orangeness that I can, I created a fun pinterest page dedicated to the color orange (or tangerine as I like to say).
There is something magical and alluring in this color for me. Perhaps this is because I need the most help in this area.
The sacral chakra is all about creativity, creation, emotions and intimacy. If you’ve suffered a loss (like I have), your sacral chakra can become unbalanced. Symptoms of an unbalanced sacral chakra include infertility, addictions, sexual problems, rigidity, isolation, self-judgment, control issues, distrust, blocked creativity, lower back pain, chronic fatigue, lack of motivation, issues of guilt and even violence.
When the sacral chakra is balanced, you go with the flow, manifest our desires, have positive relationships, are adaptable, enjoy life, and have sexual fulfillment. You no longer care what others think. You feel bursting with positive energy. Creativity flows easily.
The best ways to help balance this chakra include:
- surround yourself with the color orange.
- meditate keeping your intention on the color orange.
- drink and eat orange colored foods and drinks.
- use orange oils such as melissa or orange essential oils.
- drink plenty of clean water. If you’re dehydrated, you’ll feel a decrease in your flow of energy.
- get a sensual massage using jasmine, vanilla or sandalwood essential oils.
- connect with water, such as walking by water, swimming or taking a relaxing aromatic bath.
- focus on fun – let your inner child out.
- focus on the process, not the outcome.
- take in textures, sensations, smells, fabrics, flavors.
- listen to your inner voice for guidance.
You can also focus on positive affirmations such as:
- I am a dynamic creative person.
- I am a sensual and sexual being.
- I am well adjusted.
- I am satisfied.
- I enjoy the pleasures of life.
- I am in flow with my life.
I’m just starting my journey balancing this chakra. It’s something I wish I had done years ago. After some research and the symptoms I’ve encountered, I know there’s a lot of work to be done in this area for me. My creativity has felt stifled for years. Even in writing this post, I feel like my words are stiff and so unlike the “real” me. I hope all this changes for me soon. I hope to share more thoughts on this with you soon.