This week I’m focusing on the color yellow to help me connect with the solar plexus (yellow) chakra. The solar plexus is located right under your rib cage and is associated with your mental understanding of your emotional life. It governs the upper abdomen, stomach, liver, gall bladder, pancreas, intestine and spleen. It deals with your emotions (such as anger and self esteem) and intuition.
A balanced solar plexus allows you to have a clear picture of who you are and what your place is in the universe. You feel confident, charismatic, well nourished, at ease and empowered. You have mental clarity and are able to step more easily into leadership positions.
An unbalanced solar plexus leaves you feeling drained; suffering from low self-esteem; having all kinds of digestion, liver and kidney issues; and having difficulty relating to others. It often shows up as a need for power, being overly sensitive, being in fear, being insecure and feeling hatred.
In an attempt to get into the yellow mood, I put together a YELLOW pinterest page. I’m learning that this chakra is about letting go of old stories and old things (clutter) that no longer serve me, and allowing life to flow through me versus me trying to force everything. Basically it’s about letting go of the need to control your life and instead allowing God/Universe to do the heavy lifting. I feel like we still need to do the work but this means we don’t have to push so hard. I’m still very much learning this since I can admit to being somewhat of a control freak.
Some ways to help balance your solar plexus include:
- spend time in sunshine.
- watch the sunset.
- clear out the clutter (physically and mentally).
- practice self care (such as treating yourself to a massage).
- get active. Do something that exerts energy (such as running or playing a sport).
- surround yourself with rosemary or lavender.
- hug yourself tightly and twisting side to side while holding your chest out.
- twisting yoga poses.
- eat granola, grains and dairy.
- indulge in ginger, peppermint, spearmint, melissa, chamomile, turmeric, cumin and fennel.
Some of the yummy affirmations I found to help balance this chakra are:
- I am willing to let go and let God.
- I am willing to trust life.
- I am willing to be loved, appreciated and supported.
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- I am powerful and use my power wisely.
- I am willing to let God do the heavy lifting.
- I am willing to flow with life.
- I am worthy.
Here’s a little Alan Watts video about letting go of controlling everything.